At the end of the day, I’m not sure there’s an easier way to bring a smile to someone’s face than with an unexpected act of kindness.
Truth be told, it’s one of my absolute favorite things. Not only does it make the person on the receiving end feel good, but it always gives me the warm fuzzies too. Not to mention it’s also a great way to be a light...and the world needs more of that, don’t you think?
The thing is, I’ve personally found that the easier the act of kindness is, the more likely I am to do it. For example, we love spontaneously treating the car behind us in the drive through, or leaving little notes of encouragement for strangers to find, or even just being intentional about giving smiles and compliments more often. All of these things take little effort, and even less preparation — two very important factors when it comes to actually getting things done during this busy phase of life!
Recently I learned about something new that I am really excited about using. Now, before I share it I want you to know something: first, I only share things on here that I believe are worthy and good; and second, I am not being compensated in any way, shape, or form to share this with you.
Now that we have that out of the way, let’s get on to the good stuff! I recently learned about a new app that makes paying it forward easy, and I’ve been so excited to share it with you. If you’ve ever wished for a way to surprise a friend or acquaintance with an unexpected act of kindness from afar, then you’re going to seriously LOVE this!
The way it works is simple:
1) Download the KOYA app (you can find it here).
2) Choose who you want to surprise with an unexpected act of kindness.
3) Choose where and when you want them to receive it (for example, you can treat them to a coffee at their favorite coffee shop, or maybe even treat them to a meal the next time they’re out at their favorite restaurant).
4) Record a little video message for them.
That’s it! The next time your recipient walks into the restaurant you designate, they’ll receive a message letting them know about your act of kindness, and showing your video message. Super easy, and super fun!
OK, now comes the really fun part — we want to do something kind for YOU! We want to buy you coffee.
Here’s what you have to do:
1) Download KOYA here.
2) Send an email to email@example.com with the address of your favorite coffee shop and your phone number.
3) We will randomly select several people to send KOYAs to over the next week.
4) If you are one of the names we draw, the KOYA app will notify you. Just go about your normal routine, and the moment you walk into the coffee shop...tomorrow morning, later this week, whenever you go there....you’ll get a notification from KOYA with a personal message from us, as well as money for your coffee!
Make sure you set up your PayPal.Me info on the app when you download it so we can seamlessly transfer the money to you and you can get straight to sipping on your favorite beverage.
Now tell us: do you have a favorite way to spread kindness? We’d really love to hear about it if so! Leave a comment below and tell us all about it.
Photo Credit: Julie Griffin Photography